Looking back at 2012 makes me realize that it was quite a great year. While there are always some things that I wish I would have accomplished, I don’t have any complaints (in my personal life). For the country, not everything was a success…the elections I would not consider the highlight of the American dream last year. The United States Olympic team did a great job in London, even though they were forced to wear uniforms that were manufactured in China. I guess the point is that you can’t win at everything. With many thanks to all of the great readers out there, The Prepared Ninja enjoyed quite a successful year as well. Here is the top five posts that TPN had to offer in 2012:
1. 21 Things A Burglar Won’t Tell You - The economic and employment situation in America these days is, well…less than ideal. This is making life increasingly difficult for a growing number of individuals and families as the months tick by every year. To combat their money problems, many have taken the approach of doing whatever it takes from working odd jobs to going on government social programs and some have even gone as far as becoming criminals to make ends meet. This new breed of criminals is in addition to your other run of the mill burglars and crackheads that are out there breaking into houses. The following things you should know in order to protect your home but you won’t ever hear them from them from a burglar.
2. Do You Own Forever Foods? - I recently came across an interesting tidbit on the Mother Nature Network about forever foods which I found to be quite intriguing. The premise of forever foods is that certain foods as long as they are properly stored, can literally last for decades. Even after they have been opened! While they might not literally be foods that last forever, they are likely to last far longer than the average person would ever feel comfortable using them. Like all foods, normal storage practices such as placing items in a cool dark place and in air tight containers should be utilized.
3. “Roughing It”…Overcoming Toilet Paper Shortages - A lesser focused on area of preparing for the end of the world/the apocalypse/zombie invasion often involve things that we as Americans take for granted such as having toilet paper to clean up after…ourselves. There are essentially two options, stock up on so much toilet paper that you never run out or come up with the best possible substitutes. This post will serve to highlight some of the best possible substitutes for T.P. that I was able to identify.
4. 11 More Things A Burglar Will Never Tell You - I was so inspired by the post, 21 Things A Burglar Will Never Tell You, that I decided to come up with 11 more things that a burglar would not like for you to know. There is not a source for these ten items other than my mind and the recollection of certain items from previous training and lessons learned. Hopefully they will prove useful, thought-provoking, and perhaps even a little entertaining.
5. North America’s Top Ten Wild Edibles - Whether it all hits the fan some day or not, food is an everyday necessity. Ideally, as preppers, most of us will be adequately prepared if there is a tough time. Factually speaking though, even if you are prepared with a decent amount of food stores, wild edibles can stretch the amount of time that your stored food will last while also adding fresh vitamins/supplements to your meals. If for some reason you, your loved ones or friends are not prepared with appropriate stores of food, wild edibles may be a primary source of food for you during a food shortage. This makes finding, properly identifying, knowing which parts are edible, and how to prepare wild edible plants a must for anyone who plans on surviving in good times and bad.
Thank you all for taking the time to read the best of 2012 and making last year an outstanding one for The Prepared Ninja!